An every occasion deal- Cake.
You will never have to think twice before baking a cake. Birthdays, anniversaries, welcomes, farewells, Christmas, new year, any celebration or even without occasions, cakes are the best ways to let your loved ones feel special. And for wait a second, who ever said no to a piece of cake, it is everyone’s favorite..!!
Sometimes, you don’t even need to have an occasion, the only reason you can find is that tingling sensation in your taste buds as you see a cake or describe one.
Though everyone might have their personal choices in flavors, no one would say no to a chocolate cake..umm..mouthwatering..!! It comes to be at our soul’s weaker side. Being a connoisseur of food myself, I truly am capable of loving chocolate in almost every dessert.
So, why don’t we give the kids a surprise when they come back home from the school, or a treat for the family for the weekend or the joy of reunion for the friends. Yes yes, you are getting to the point- the whole story was about baking the cake, a chocolate cake – we can bake it together.
But you will first have to stock your kitchen with the following ingredients-
- 1 1/2 cups of flour
- Cocoa powder
- Baking powder
- Bicarbonate soda
- Dark chocolate ( broken to bits) around 1 cup.
- one cup powdered sugar
- 225 gms of butter
- Vanilla essence
- 4 eggs
- 1/2 cup milk
- Dark chocolate(150 gms)
- Pure cream (125 ml)
- Butter( 20 g)
- Shavings of Chocolate to decorate
PROCEDURE OF CHOCOLATE CAKE RECIPE:
- In a bowl, take flour, 2 tbsp of cocoa powder, 1 tbsp of baking powder and 1/2 tsp of bicarbonate of soda and mix. Keep aside.
- Melt the chocolate in a bowl by placing the bowl in hot water ( not directly over the flame, and do not boil the water).
- Take the butter and sugar in another bowl and beat well. You can use either an electric beater or do it manually. When the mix is light and fluffy, add one tsp of vanilla essence, then add eggs, one at a time and beating it to get a uniform mix.
- Pour the melted chocolate and beat it again.
- Now add to it half of the flour mixture. Add over it half of the milk. Mix well.
- Repeat and mix well till all the ingredients are mixed, and the mixture is smooth.
- Preheat the oven to 160 degrees C.
- The Choice is yours for the shape of the baking pan. Round, square, heart shaped. Grease it.
- Pour mixture into the pan and bake for 45-55 minutes. You can see it be rising.
- Taking it out, check by inserting a knife into the center. It should come out clean.
- Cool the pan and invert over a plate.
- Melt 150 gms of dark chocolate, add 125 ml of pure cream and 20 grams of butter in a bowl. Mix well and keep aside for around 20-30 minutes to cool and thicken.
- Spread this mix over the top and sides of the cake covering evenly, use a knife or a warm palette.
- Decorate it with chocolate shavings.
Tada..! Your chocolate cake is ready. Go ahead and delight your senses as you grab a piece of your home-made cake. You can team it up with a light snack and some soda. You can also try other flavors and other ideas for icing in the cake and turn your kitchen into a chef’s area.
‘How would you like your Biryani, Sir..?’
I know what you just pictured – a plate full of steaming long-grained rice adorned with all the spices giving away a waft only your mind could soak in..a treat to the eyes..waiting for you to relish the taste in your mouth and savor it forever..umm..heavenly..!! Wouldn’t you say that..?
Yes, we know it is a piece of art from the kitchens of Hyderabad but who could restrict art just to one place. As the love for biryani has spread, so have the artists. In fact, you can create the magic in your kitchen, with just bit of outside help..Us!!
What we are going to write about today is the HYDERABADI VEG DUM BIRYANI. All you need is some time and a quick visit to the nearest supermarket because you are going to need these ingredients:-
- 1 cup basmati rice (soaked for Thirty minutes)
- Ghee (as required)
- One cup sliced onions
- 2 cups of cauliflower
- Two cups of chopped beans
- 2 chopped cups of carrots
- 1 cup chopped capsicum
- 1/4 cup cashew nut
- 1/4 cup raisins
- 1/2 cup curd
- coriander masala powder
- cumin powder
- chili powder
- turmeric powder
- 1/2 cup coriander leaves chopped
- Warm milk
- 4-5 strands of saffron
- bay leaves
Note- it would be better if you use a single cup to standardize the measure for this preparation of Biryani.
FOR BIRYANI MASALA:
- 3-4 cardamom
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 piece of cinnamon
- 1 piece of javitri
- half tbsp of cumin seeds
- 4-5 cloves
- 1/2 tsp fennel seeds
- Grind the above spices to make it powder.
- 2-3 green chilies
- 2-3 flakes of garlic
PROCEDURE FOR BIRYANI:
- Wash the basmati rice and soak it in water for 30 minutes.
- Soak the saffron in 3 tbsp of warm milk and keep aside.
- Heat 2 tbsp of ghee in a heavy bottomed pan (make sure the pot has a lid that fits well).
- Add the sliced onions, stir, keeping the flame at medium to low. Keep aside when they turn golden brown.
- Fry the cashew nuts in ghee. Also keep aside.
- Fry the raisins next in the same ghee and also keep them aside.
- Take another vessel, keep water and bring the water to boil. Add 1-2 bay leaves, one tsp oil and half tsp of salt.
- Add soaked rice to the water and cook over medium heat until the rice is cooked, you may taste a grain to see that it’s not soft and is still crunchy. It takes 10-15 minutes. Drain the rice.
- In the pot with the ghee, add another tbsp of ghee.
- Add the ginger garlic chili paste and fry till the raw smell disappears.
- Add half spoon of coriander powder, one tsp of chili powder, 1/4 tsp turmeric and 1/4 tsp of cumin powder.
- Add 2 tbsp of the grounded biryani masala.
- Fry the mixture at low heat and add the curd.
- Mix well and add the chopped vegetables.
- Mix and add the chopped coriander leaves.
- Cook with the lid on on low flame.
- Cook till the vegetables are cooked.
- Remove half of the cooked vegetables to a plate.
- Layer half the cooked rice over the vegetables and spread some fried onion, cashew, raisins, and leaves of coriander.
- Add the rest of the vegetables & spread the remaining cooked ingredients on top of it.
- Use an aluminum foil to carefully cover the cooking pan, taking care of the handle first and close the lid tightly.
- Keep at the lowest heat and cook for 15-20 minutes.
- Remove the cap and mix with a spatula.
You are now ready to enjoy the hot and spicy Hyderabadi Veg Dum Biryani..and what makes it more special, you cooked it..!
Feeling Lazy to Cook Biryani, Why not Order from FoodPanda.